Tooth implantation is the most advanced technology of restoration of missing teeth. The essence of this method lies in the fact that in the jawbone in place of the missing tooth implants an implant screw which is made of a material that is fully compatible with organism tissues, and the outer crown, which is visually no different from the natural tooth.
There are two methods for installing implants:
Classical implantation. Consists of three stages (three visits to the dentist, without preparation).
The first stage is the most difficult and time consuming - to the bone in place of the missing tooth implant is introduced. Then follows a period of healing the implant, for which there is a dense overgrowth of bone and implant soft tissue healing. If implantation of the upper teeth is made, the healing period usually is 4 months, when the lower teeth - 3 months. After that, there is a second stage - the installation of the abutment, which is screwed into the implant and will serve as a support for a crown. Also in the second stage there has been made a crown cast. Finally, the third stage - setting the crown on the abutment.
Implantation has a number of advantages comparing with usual methods of restoration of missing teeth:
- missing teeth can be restored to any location on the dentition;
- this method allows not to not grind the adjacent teeth;
- prevention of atrophy of the jaw tissue as the implant prevents the resorption of bone tissue;
- implants last longer than the crowns or dental bridges;
- fully restored chewing function;
- crown looks no different from the natural tooth;
- implants are resistant to stress and are durable;
- dental implants has reasonable prices.